The main task of Arene – the Rectors’ Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences – is to protect the common interests of Finnish universities of applied sciences. Members of Arene include all 24 rectors of Finland’s universities of applied sciences and the universities of applied sciences themselves.
The rectors convene about eight times a year at an Arene meeting to discuss current issues and to draft common policies.
The members of Arene have the mutual interest of universities of applied sciences in common.
- Universities of applied sciences are career-oriented institutions.
- We aim to improve working and economic life and encourage internationalisation.
- We educate creators of opportunities and problem-solvers.
- We change the world for the better.
- We work openly and responsibly.
Universities of Applied Sciences in Finland >>
Sustainable, responsible and carbon-neutral universities of applied sciences (pdf) >>
e-mail: info (at) arene.fi
Executive Director, M.Soc.Sc. Ida Mielityinen
+358 50 594 0731
Senior Advisor, M.Soc.Sc. Samuli Maxenius
+358 40 650 1006
Communications and administration specialist, Nina Ylönen
+358 40 661 0461
The Rectors’ Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences Arene